VCEA Licensure is an alternate route for Virginia licensure and is ONLY valid within the Catholic Diocese or Richmond Catholic Schools.
To be eligible for a VCEA License, a candidate:
- Must have a BA, BS, MA, or MS in the area of appointed teaching assignment
- Must have or complete additional credits in Education (Professional Studies Courses) within the 5-year Initial License period.
- Must provide Praxis Test Scores in the area of appointed teaching assignment.
- Must complete all Statutory Module Requirements.
Review the specific requirements below and find out how to apply for a VCEA License.
To apply for a VCEA Provisional or Initial License, complete the following requirements:
- Contact Rosemarie Burrill prior to starting licensure process.
- Download and complete the VCEA Teacher Checklist.
- Complete the VCEA Application
- Pay $100 VCEA Application Fee (blue button below) and provide receipt with completed packet.
- Provide current teaching assignment
- Provide endorsement area requested (i.e. MS Mathematics, Art, Science, etc.)
- Provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Electronic copies must include email document stating authenticity.
- Paper copies must be in a sealed envelope.
- Provide Praxis/Testing Scores
- Provide copies of out of state teaching licenses, if applicable
- Complete the following required statutory modules and provide Certificates of Completion with your licensure packet.
- Child Abuse and Neglect Recognition and Intervention Training
- Go to Emergency First Aid, CPR & AED Certification or Training
- Dyslexia Awareness Training Module
- Behavior Intervention and Support Training– ODU/VDOE joint webpage
- Cultural Competency Training
- Virginia History or State and Local Government Module
Complete and collect ALL of the following documentation and submit in a SINGLE packet to Rosemarie Burrill, Office of Catholic Schools, 7800 Carousel Lane, Richmond, VA 23294. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.